Saturday, July 23, 2011

We're not alcoholics, we're just gay

Paul and I went to Astor Place Wines and stocked up on white wines. Also some tequila, one bottle for margarita's and the other to infuse with strawberry and jalapeno, spicy! A bottle of Hangar One Mandarin Blossom and some orange bitters. After we consume all that (which will probably be by next week) I will go buy some Gin. I have oddly been into it lately. Not gin and tonic's but gin cocktails. I had an especially good one two nights ago at a local restaurant - It was gin with muddled cucumber, St. Germain and splash of pure cranberry juice. It was so good I had two.

Lastly - because of this heat I have been really into fruit and wine. We opened this gawd awful bottle of cheap wine. Instead of tossing it I added cut peaches and a one plum along with a handful of strawberries. Also two ounces of Cointreau. Turned out really good!.

No comments:

Post a Comment